You can found where the Frequent Ask Questions and the reply. If you can’t found your solution here, please use the Contact button on the bottom.
• I’ve not received my licence from more than 2 hours:
• When I enter my licence GoodWay says it is already used on other computer:
• I’ve formater my hard drive or I’ve a new computer:
Send a message to Technical support CLICK HERE and give your Serial Number inside the eMail with the trouble you have
• I can’t see the typed caractères when I type text inside GoodWay licence dialog or others dialog:
Check your X-Plane Graphic parameters - See image below and set it to 100% (see images below)
• My aircraft is not inside the compatible aircraft list:
Contact the aircraft designer to request the GoodWay compatible files.
• Automatique update bloque alone :
It’s occupe on somme computers. We are working on this malicious bug, but you can manually solve it : Download a free version from this web site and replace your current version.
• GoodWay need an internet connection to runs?
In the major part no, but some functions requests you have internet connexion in order to runs.
• I can’t have a floating window outside the X-Plane main window:
Your X-Plane version must be over or greater than -Plane 11.10
• How could I know a new GoodWay version is available and how to install it?
GoodWay automatically let you know when a new version is available and it can download and install it for you.
• I can’t see a text inside GoodWay dialog boxes:
• I’ve installe GoodWay but I can’t see it inside the X-Plane / Plug-in menu:
Please check your installation match with the image below.
• I can’t see all airports over the map:
Click on Airport icon on map window with Alt. key pushed. A airports type selection dialog will open and you just need to select airport type you want to see over the map.
• I can’t see all the FIX X-Plane have:
Go to the Parameters (Plugin menu/GoodWay/Parameters) and go to Map tab and select to see all the Airports FIX.
• I’ve a crash by using GoodWay:
Before contact us, please try to delete the file : x-plane/output/preferences/GoodWay.prf and the folder x-plane/output/GoodWay_Map and try again. If it doesn’t solve your trouble, please send a message to Technical support CLICK HERE and give your Serial Number inside the eMail with the trouble you have. Please attach also the x-plane/log.txt file after reproduce the trouble inside X-Plane.
• Is GoodWay using VR mode :
No. GoodWay needs many windows over the screen to be efficient. VR mode doesn’t give the opportunity to have a clear screen with all.
• I’ve another problem not inside the list above:
Send a message to Technical support CLICK HERE and give your Serial Number inside the eMail with the trouble you have. Please attach also the x-plane/log.txt file after reproduce the trouble inside X-Plane.
• How to make your Aircraft GoodWay Compatible:
So that GoodWay can make the necessary calculations for the vertical flight plan, he needs to know some information about your plane. To do this you have to fill in a file which must have a specific name and be in the same folder as your plane.
This operation is very simple and you can realize it in a few seconds.
1) Create a simple text file you put inside your aircraft folder, where your .acf is.
This file MUST BE named GW_Performances.txt
2) Open this file with a simple text software and set the content like below :
It contains simples information are used by GoodWay to compute a good average about climb, cruise descent and flight time. It is not perfect because it includes many other parameters like weather and so on, but is a very good idea.
The values are average on a normal conditions (weather normal, engine 75/80%, …)
Eclipse 550 NG;320;370;310;3000;2750;410
Each field are separated by a ; character.
From left to the right :
Aircraft name (no more than 100 characters) - Eclipse 550 NG
Climb speed (in Ground Speed) - 320
Cruise speed (in Ground Speed) - 370
Descent speed (in Ground Speed) - 310
Climb VVI - 3000
Descent VVI - 2750
Cruise Altitude (in FL = feet / 100) - 410
If you need we test your aircraft, we can do it, just send it to us. Or, simply use GoodWay : Load your aircraft inside x-plane, open GoodWay Flight Plan Window, click the Performances menu and see your aircraft name! You can also adjust your file by using plugin/GoodWay/Performances/your aircraft name!
Soon you have set your aircraft(s) compatible, you can :
- use the attached logo on your web site and on your aircraft delivery and all communication you want.
- Advise us, We will publish your aircraft release news on GoodWay web site to promote your job.
- Fell free to give me your logo for I put it on GoodWay web site.
• Make your Flight Manager/ATC GoodWay Compatible:
If your aircraft do not use X-Plane standard instrument (you have make your by using X-Plane PlugIn System), we probably need to work together to ensure the communication from your plugin to GoodWay.
We have some ways could be use to ensure that :
• Using DataRef from X-Plane PlugIn System to communicate and exchange data (the best way for users)
• Using Exported file on a common place with file detection
• Using exported file
Please, contact us. We can talk about it together to have a the best solution to our nice Pilots/Users.