Whether you're a plane creator or an instrument plug-in or something else, you'll be interested in the following!
This page presents :
• What you need to do to have your Aircraft GoodWay Compatible.
• What you need to do to have your Flight Manager or ATC GoodWay Compatible.
A) Make your Aircraft GoodWay Compatible:
So that GoodWay can make the necessary calculations for the vertical flight plan, he needs to know some information about your plane. To do this you have to fill in a file which must have a specific name and be in the same folder as your plane.
This operation is very simple and you can realize it in a few seconds.
1) Create a simple text file you put inside your aircraft folder, where your .acf is.
This file MUST BE named GW_Performances.txt
2) Open this file with a simple text software and set the content like below :
It contains simples information are used by GoodWay to compute a good average about climb, cruise descent and flight time. It is not perfect because it includes many other parameters like weather and so on, but is a very good idea.
The values are average on a normal conditions (weather normal, engine 75/80%, …)
Eclipse 550 NG;320;370;310;3000;2750;410
Each field are separated by a ; character.
From left to the right :
Aircraft name (no more than 100 characters) - Eclipse 550 NG
Climb speed (in Ground Speed) - 320
Cruise speed (in Ground Speed) - 370
Descent speed (in Ground Speed) - 310
Climb VVI - 3000
Descent VVI - 2750
Cruise Altitude (in FL = feet / 100) - 410
If you need we test your aircraft, we can do it, just send it to us. Or, simply use GoodWay : Load your aircraft inside x-plane, open GoodWay Flight Plan Window, click the Performances menu and see your aircraft name! You can also adjust your file by using plugin/GoodWay/Performances/your aircraft name!
Soon you have set your aircraft(s) compatible, you can :
- use the attached logo on your web site and on your aircraft delivery and all communication you want.
- Advise us, We will publish your aircraft release news on GoodWay web site to promote your job.
- Fell free to give me your logo for I put it on GoodWay web site.
B) Make your Flight Manager/ATC GoodWay Compatible:
If your aircraft do not use X-Plane standard instrument (you have make your by using X-Plane PlugIn System), we probably need to work together to ensure the communication from your plugin to GoodWay.
We have some ways could be use to ensure that :
• Using DataRef from X-Plane PlugIn System to communicate and exchange data (the best way for users)
• Using Exported file on a common place with file detection
• Using exported file
Please, contact us. We can talk about it together to have a the best solution to our nice Pilots/Users.